Thursday, November 09, 2006

Royce Da 5'9" Sick Wit It On The Mic

The dude Royce just dropped a new track and both the beat and the flow are sick. The song is called Street Hop. You know why? Cuz it's a street hop motherfucker. I was feelin' it for real. Those of you who know me know that Royce is one of my favorite rappers dead or alive, and he's been MIA lately, so when I was getting ready to listen to this track, I was worried he wouldn't be on point after being absent for a while. Silly me. Never be skeptical of Royce, one of the most consistent emcees ever. Best line of the song..."got a coke flow, but I'm so sober...the orignal renegade before Hova." And if you don't know what he's talking about, go download the original version of Renegadez with Royce and Eminem. And I'm glad to hear Royce say he's sober after being sentenced to a year in prison for DUI. By the way, does anybody know if he's actually going to serve that time? I hope not, I've been waiting for a new Royce record. He also has a crazy line about his ex-best friend and partner Eminem in there, but you'll have to listen to the song to find out...just click it..."Royce Da 5'9"-Street Hop"

-Doc

p.s. Oh and if you don't know about Royce's history and his relationship with the Shady Records camp and his beefs with D-12 (especially Proof) and then his reconciliation with Proof right before he died, go read up on your history. I'm just kicking knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner