Monday, November 13, 2006

Updates From The Weekend Featuring Game/Cam'Ron/Jim Jones/Nas/Jay-Z/Lloyd Banks

Sorry (to the 5 people that read this) that I didn't update the blog this weekend. It was hectic. Rap news (that I found significant) was pretty slow this weekend. But I have a little heat for you (props to Illseed). First off...apparently the One Blood remix with 24 other artists on it was not enough for The Game. He is releasing a number of remixes for each section of the nation. The west coast one has already been leaked somewhere, I haven't heard it. I'll find it soon. There's also one coming out just for the ladies, I'm not quite sure what that means. Finally, he has a remix with up and coming rappers, which makes me curious who he thinks is up and coming. I guess we'll find out soon.

Next...I'm hearing Cam'Ron and Jim Jones are getting ready to release a diss song to Nas/Jay-Z. What's so special about that? In case you don't know some of the history between Nas and Jay-Z, it is confirmed that Nas's baby moms Carmen bedded Jay-Z repeatedly while her and Nas were still together. That's cold, but true. Now, Jimmy and Killa Cam wanna get Carmen on the diss. Now that shit should be interesting if they can pull it off.

Finally, there is a rumor that Lloyd Banks has a "scathing" diss directed to Game stashed away somewhere, but the powers that be blocked it's release and addition to Rotten Apple. Why? I have no idea. Either way, I don't know how scathing it could be because everything that could be said about Game has been said by either 50 Cent or Ras Kass or whoever. And it just doesn't matter, because talent always prevails. Just end the beef already.

Also...R.I.P. to Gerald Levert, Ed Bradley, and Jack Palance. It was a rough weekend where we lost some legends. That's life...which is why I'm making yours better by writing this blog, whether you know it or not haha.

-Doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner