Monday, November 20, 2006

Jay-Z's Kingdom Come...Time to Throw Rocks at the Throne


First and foremost, I apologize for my absence, as I have been busy being a law student the past week. Now...back to business. I'll start off talking about this. Basically, Jay-Z's new cd Kingdom Come has leaked. How does it sound you ask? It sounds like hot smellly garbage. Now this is astounding for several reasons. First reason, Jay-Z has Dr. Dre produce a lot of the album, and the album still blows. There was a lot of hype about this track called "30 Something". It's basically Jay-Z talking about how being in your 30's is like the new 20's. Would he be saying this if he was in his 20's? No. The 30's are not the 20's. The 30's are the 30's. And I'm sure he's feeling the pressure from the young gunners in the game right now, specifically rappers like The Game, who are repeatedly asking older rappers to move on with their lives and make room for new blood. Jay-Z actually addresses Game's line from "One Blood" where he says, "38 and you're still rappin'? Uggghhhh..." in his song "Dig A Hole" off of Kingdom Come. I believe the exact line was some garbage like..."I used to think rappin' at 38 was uggghhhh, but last year I banked 38 mill." First off, it doesn't even rhyme. Second of all, no he didn't. Third of all, Jay-Z should've came harder than that, the whole song is supposed to be some sort of diss to his adversaries, and in my opinion it's kinda weak. Listen here..."Dig A Hole". What's funny is Game is kind of a pussy about it because he's obviously talking about Jay-Z because Jay-Z is 38, but Game claims he was talking about Tony Yayo in multiple interviews, when Tony Yayo is 32. Man up Game and stand behind your disses. He seems to be afraid of Hov, then again, I might be to if I were him. Now...back to Kingdom Come. The one Dre produced track that stands out is "Lost Ones", which I addressed in a previous blog. And even that is not even that nice. It's all so sub-par. You figure he'd wanna make it as impressive as possible, since it's his comeback album. Apparently he thinks he can just rap over some instruments and it'll sound hot. NOOOOPPPPEEEEE. WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE. And by people, other producers to give you better beats to match your weak ass flow on this album. Damn Hov, remember The Blueprint? I guess those days have passed. I'll have more on this album after it comes out on Tuesday, and I'll also talk about the Hangar Tour a little later...

-Doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner