Sunday, December 03, 2006

Papoose Raps About Sean Bell Incident



I'm sure all of you have now heard about what happened to a young black male, named Sean Bell, who was about to get married last Saturday. Some stupid ass cops decided that it would be a good idea to fire off 50 shots at a couple of black dudes for a reason that still has gone unexplained. I'm actual waiting to hear an explanation myself, just because I want to see how these cops can justify killing a dude for no apparent reason on his fucking wedding day. This story is just fucked up. Anyway, there is this rapper called Papoose, who is mostly known as a mixtape rapper, but recently got a major deal thanks to his mentor DJ Kay-Slay. He's become pretty well known for his opinion-laced, often politically charged rap songs. Papoose wasted no time writing a rap about it. It's less of a rap song and more so Papoose rhyming his opinions on what happened over a crappy beat. I've never been a Papoose fan because I think his style and flow is lame, and his punchlines are predictable. But...I respect the song though and any rapper who's got a legitimate opinion on current events, especially big ones such as these. Have a listen...Papoose-50 Shots (Sean Bell)

-Doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner