Saturday, December 02, 2006

Royce's 2 Minutes of Death

About a year and a half ago, Cassidy came out with a track featuring Lil' Wayne and Fabolous called 6 Minutes of Death off his last CD. It was a track with no hook and was straight fire non-stop for 6 minutes by three solid rappers. It was my favorite rap song of the summer of 2005 and I pretty much listened to it non-stop all summer. It also marked the arrival of the new and imporved Lil' Wayne. After I heard his verse on that song, I was like WOAH what the hell happened to Weezy? He became a little lyrical? Anyway, I was feelin' it. About two months later, Joe Budden used the 6 Minutes of Death beat to create his own version featuring Jae Millz and Stack Bundles, off of his now classic and arguably the greatest mixtape of all time, Mood Muzik Part 2. Budden's version was pretty much just as good as Cassidy's. Now...another great lyricist and rapper has found the beat to his liking...none other than Royce Da 5'9". Unfortunately, Royce doesn't use it for 6 minutes, but more like 2 and a half. Either way, from Royce, over this beat, I'll take what I can get. As usual, he's lyrical as hell and you gotta listen closely to catch his word-play. This is why I listen to hip-hop. Check it out here...Royce Da 5'9"-6 Minutes of Death Freestyle.

-Doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner