Tuesday, November 28, 2006

New Royce, Chino XL, Canibus, Crooked I Verses...And My Views On Certain New Eminem and Jay-Z Tracks

Here are some new tracks from some artists that some of you have never heard of. First off, a song called "Collateral Damage" by Phantom ft. Chino XL, Crooked I, and Canibus. It's always exciting to hear from Canibus. Let me tell you, on this track Canibus brings the heat and he saves his verse for last. Not to take anything away from Chino XL and Crooked I. Chino Xl one of the livest emcees that's ever existed and Crooked I has been slept on for years. I don't know much abou this Phantom dude, but he's clearly not on par with the rest of the emcees on this song. Listen here..."Collateral Damage"

Royce Da 5'9", as those of you who read this know happens to be one of my favorites, just released another freestyle over J.R. Writer's "Grill 'Em" beat. It's called "Kill 'Em" and once again, Royce doesn't dissappoint. I actually don't think he has ever dissappointed. He's solid. All of this makes me wonder whether or not a Royce mixtape is on the way...I haven't heard anything but I'll be on the look-out. Anyway, check out the new freestyle here..."Kill 'Em"

And those of you who have not heard the new Eminem song called "No Apologies", you need to check it out ASAP. It's honestly not only one of the best Eminem songs I've heard in a long time, but one of the best Eminem songs I've heard ever. Three full verses, one great hook, and he even throws in an extra hook in the end as if he is showing us he had two hooks for the song and couldn't decide which one to use. I love it.

Oh yeah, and just to make it clear, Jay-Z's new album might be flat out awful, but it has one of the best Jay-Z songs ever on there...called "Lost Ones". In my not so humble opinion, I consider that song one of the best songs he's ever made. It has grown on me considerably since I first heard it, but the rest of the album is garbage. That is all. It has been a slow news week so far. Hopefully we'll get a little more action in the days to come.

-Doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner