Saturday, December 02, 2006

Record Sales For Last Week

Well...I've been up for 36 hours straight doing a torturous memorandum of law. Now that that's over...it's time to see what's going on in the wide world of hip-hop. First off...Let it be known that Jay-Z sold 680,000 copies in his first week. As impressive as that number is, with the marketing blitz that Jay-Z put on with Monday night football and the Bud Light bullshit, he was projected to do 850,000 at least after his first day. Plus with the second week drop-offs facing rappers nowadays, I don't think Jay is too impressed with himself. I mean he'll definitely go platinum, but Kingdom Come could have done much better numbers, and I guarantee it would have if the album had been better. I still love Lost Ones though.

Also in the record sales department, Game saw a 69% drop off in his second week, selling a still impressive 138,000. Being the savy hip-hop expert that I am, I obviously saw this coming. Both of Game's singles peaked long before his album came out, and they've been dying out on the radio and TV for a while now. Hear me now and hear me well, as soon Game releases his next single, which will be "Wouldn't Get Far" featuring Kanye West, the album sales will once again skyrocket. Either way, he managed to sell 500,000 copies and go gold in two weeks, good for him. I patiently await the video for Wouldn't Get Far, it should be entertaining. And you know it's gonna be a huge hit, it's tailor made to be a hit. Although I'm sure a lot of women are gonna be pissed off about it because of the context of the song. Whatever, we'll see.

-Doc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner