Tuesday, December 05, 2006

T.I. Takes A Jab At Nas...East vs. South?


My head is spinning. What is going on in hip-hop? We're on the brink of East vs. South war. First Lil' Wayne gets mad at Jay-Z because of Jay-Z coming back because he thought hip-hop needed him or was dead or whatever (check my last entry). Now...T.I. is throwing jabs at Nas in OZONE Magazine also for claiming hip-hop is dead. Here is what he said:

"I know cats were going to ask me about the lil title thing and all, I dont think he was directing that at the south, It's just his opinion, he has a lot of clout, so I can respect his opinion, but as far as the music thing goes now, I dont care about Nas, I just do me, but if he is coming at the South, then he's making a huge mistake, we control hip hop right now, he'd lose a lot of respect from his fans out here, he's smarter than that, he should just play his position, keep making his Egyptian History rap while we make our money."

Not a complete diss, but he definitely takes a shot at Nas in the end. Egyptian History rap? HAHA that's kinda funny. I like T.I., I definitely understand where he's coming from. You gotta represent where you're from, etc. The only thing is, I cannot agree. I don't know if Nas is talking about the south when he says hip-hop is dead, or what he's actually thinking because he doesn't really explain it. What I do know is that T.I., who actually has some talent, should step out of the box, remove himself from his region, and take a look at the dead-beats and talentless losers who got record deals all around you. The south IS RUINING HIP-HOP. Solid rappers like T.I. and Lil' Wayne need to simply stop blindly defending their G-d forsaken region, and admit that most of the rappers from the south are a complete joke. A JOKEEEEEEEEE. I'm sorry it's true. So I don't blame Nas for naming his record that, or Jay-Z for coming back because he thought hip-hop is in a state of emergency. The south is not running hip-hop, they never will, because if they were, hip-hop would be dead. They don't run anything, except for radio play. But anybody who follows rap music knows two things:

1. Real lyricists come from the coasts. (With few exceptions)
2. The South is poisoning the airwaves and the rap industry.

I'm not hating...I'm just telling it like it is. I don't judge regions, I judge talent. When comparing the overall talent from the south, and the quality of records, it's pathetic compared to East and West coast records...and even Midwest records are killin' ya'll with the likes of Lupe Fiasco, Kanye, Common, Eminem, Rhymefest, the late Proof, Twista, Royce da 5'9"...all are better than the 1000 southern rappers who are on the local hip-hop radio station every day. And don't make me start naming artists from the coasts, and then compare them with names from the South. It's a war you will lose. I will have more commentary on the southern problem some time soon. For now, T.I. has to just chill and face the facts. The south has got to be restrained...I think that's what Nas is attempting to do, for the good of real hip-hop. That is all.

-Doc

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nevermind TI, I can't wait for Paroled to come out.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your comments and agree somewhat. The majority of the petty rappers from the south cant compete with the east and other regions. However, to say that the south is limited is highly untrue. Especially with lyricist like Chamillionaire, Bun-B, Killer Mike ect. As a true fan of the art I listen to all lyricist worldwide. I suggest some of yall who think the south has no talent go do some research and not limit yourself to just what the industry puts out there. I agree as a southerner that the crunk booty music is getting old.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Мирка не кипятись!!! [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-derevyannom-stroitelstve/70-stroitelstvo-derevyannykh-domov-iz-brusa.html]строительный портал нижний новгород[/url]

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tip is pop rap

3:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fast forward 12 yrs and it's looking like a homo circus in hip hop smfh...skinny jeans, homo thugs, mumble rappers, auto tune, tired ass production across thousands of fuck boys who don't have no talent but are "numbers by the paint".....i prefer 2006 over 2018

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Hip Hop is Alive

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner